Friday, April 6, 2012

DIY Sinus-Clearing Shower Tablets

As I mentioned in my last post, Spring is here, and it's a great time to start doing work outside.  As temperatures rise, people like spending more time outdoors where flowers and trees are in bloom. Unfortunately, this also means there is more pollen in the air, and people's allergies will start flaring up.  There are several over the counter remedies available to help relieve sinus pressure, including shower tablets that dissolve in a hot shower to release aromatics and relieve your sinuses.  These are great products, but may not be the most cost effective for a lot of people.

I have mentioned before that I am a fan of Dave Ramsey's teachings, and I try not to spend too much money on items that I can find a cheap alternative for.  Luckily, a friend of mine turned me on to a great site to help people like me find Do It Yourself solutions to everyday problems! lifehacker.com is a great site for browsing simple, cost effective solutions for just about anything you can think of.  The folks over at lifehacker posted an article about a recipe for DIY shower tablets they found on another great blog to save money on tasks around the home. Frugal by Choice, Cheap by Necessity.

Check out lifehacker's article about these DIY shower tablets, and if you're interested in the recipe, there is a link to Frugal by Choice, Cheap By Necessity's blog for the recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment