Google+ Badge

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Grilling secrets revealed!



In past posts, I've made it clear that I love hosting cookouts in the summer.  In addition to the time spent with friends and family, the real truth is, I LOVE to cook on the grill.  Burgers, brats, chicken, and even are delicious when cooked over the open flame of a grill.  Different foods require different temperatures to ensure proper cooking.  Learning the best way to cook a steak to a perfect medium temperature, or to produce a perfectly cooked, moist chicken breast is an art form that takes practice to perfect.  Grilled vegetables are a delicious alternative from the norm that take a certain understanding to execute properly.

Almost any type of food you can think of can be cooked on the grill.  Many recipes that I have come up with on my own have been variations on marinades or spice rubs to created different grilled dishes.  Through trial and error, I have learned some of the Do's and Don'ts for cooking certain foods on the grill, but it has taken me years to gain the experience and knowledge I have now.

Luckily, thanks to the people over at lifehacker, there is a great graphic that can help you know the best placement of food on a grill to get the best results without the hassle of all that trial and error. Where to Put Food on the Grill for Perfection Every Time summarizes this great infographic provided by Food Republic.  Check out lifehacker's article, or click the infographic to view the full report at Food Republic.

Let me know your favorite food to cook on the grill or share your favorite recipe in the comments below!  As always, feel free to share this information with your friends and family, and follow my blog to keep up with all of my posts.  Friend me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter to keep up with everything I ever post!


No comments:

Post a Comment