Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Why we need time off

I have always been a hard worker, and take great pride in this.  If there is a job to be done, I do everything I can to make sure that it is done right.  As a bit of a perfectionist, I tend to go above and beyond the bare minimum because I like to make sure things are done to a higher standard.  It is this aspect of myself that causes me to work harder for longer hours than other people would be willing to.  I am driven to push myself to make things happen for my clients, customers, friends and family. 

While I find pleasure in the work that I do, many people often tell me to slow down and take some time for myself.  Last week, I was able to go on vacation, and do just that.  Even though I came home tired, and a bit worn out physically, the time away from work allowed me to refresh myself mentally.  Coming back to the office to find a stack of work waiting was not a daunting task, it was something that I was looking forward to.  A schedule full of appointments after some time away looks more like a group of opportunities than a list of commitments.  Taking time off to recharge has helped to realign my perspective, something each and every one of us needs to do once in a while. 

Whether you take a three day weekend, a week long vacation, or a month off for yourself isn't important, the key is to take some time for yourself! Recharge your batteries, let work wait a few days, or enjoy time with friends and family that you don't see as often as you like.  Just make sure, that ever once in a while, you make time to do the things that you enjoy, and everything else just seems better!

Let me know your favorite way to "get away" in the comments down below.  Share with your friends and family, and follow my blog to keep up with all my posts.  Friend me on Facebook an follow me on Twitter to keep up with everything I ever post!

No comments:

Post a Comment