Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Man Cave

After a long day at work, there are plenty of times when I look forward to heading home and crashing on the couch to watch a movie or read a book.   As a single guy, my home is my own personal space where I can do what I want, how I want, when I want to do it!  I'm not always afforded a lot of free time, so it's great to have a space all my own, to do with what I want!  Since I live alone, my entire house is my own personal man cave!

According to the most recent publication of Merriam-Webster's Collegiate dictionary, a man cave is defined as "a room or space (as in a basement) designed according to the taste of the man of the house to be used as his personal area for hobbies and leisure activities".  While I consider my home my personal sanctuary, many men don't live alone like I do, so they have to find a space to make their own.  As a real estate agent, I have heard and used this term several times when discussing properties with both buyers and sellers.  The inclusion of a new definition in the Merriam-Webster dictionary signifies just how much popularity the man cave has gained during the 21st century!  As the definition states, a man cave is designed to the specific tastes of the man of the house, offering possibilities limited only by the imagination of the man creating the space. 

HGTV's website posted a gallery of some of the coolest man caves I've ever seen. Check out 8 Dude-tastic Man Caves for some great ideas that show just how diverse different man caves are.  No matter what your hobbies or interests, designing a personal space that suits you is what having a man cave is all about!

Choose your favorite man cave from the gallery, or tell me about your man cave in the comments below.  Feel free to share this information with your friends and family, and follow my blog to keep up with all of my posts!  Friend me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter to keep up with everything I ever post!

No comments:

Post a Comment