Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Autumn...not necessarily the end of yard work!

The first official day of Autumn, one of my favorite seasons, is September 22 this year!  As temperatures begin to cool, and the day's begin to shorten, it's the perfect time to sit around a fire with friends, go an a hay ride, and ! As trees prepare for the winter ahead, the changing leaves add splashes of color to the landscape, a beautiful sight to behold. While I love the look of falling leaves, they add one more season of yard work that many people often overlook!

A lot of people don't realize just how important it is to rake fallen leaves.  As leaves sit on the grass, they create a barrier that blocks sunlight and traps moisture, a combination that can be extremely damaging to the grass below.  MSN Real Estate offers 8 smart ways to beat the leaves this fall, an article written by Harry Sawyers of Popular Mechanics, offering some tips, tricks, and equipment that will help to make sure you keep your lawn healthy this fall!

Let me know how you handle fallen leaves at your home in the comments below! As always, feel free to share this information with your friends and family, and follow my blog to keep up with all of my posts!  Friend me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter to keep up with everything I ever post!

No comments:

Post a Comment