Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Winter weather on the way

Temperatures have already begun to drop, and the days are getting shorter, tell tale signs that winter is on its way.  One of my favorite thins to do in the wintertime is to cozy up next to my fireplace.  Luckily, I have a gas log, so all I have to do is flip a switch and the flames burst to life.  Even though I love my fireplace, nothing compares to building a fire in a wood-burning fireplace, and watching the flames dance while basking in their calming warmth.

Image found at: http://www.ctsweep.com
If you're looking forward to building a fire this year, it's important to make sure your chimney is cleaned out first.  Over time burning fires will cause a build-up of creosote inside the chimney.  As this build-up hardens, it can create a fire hazard that can ignite if left uncleaned.  Scheduling a chimney inspection once a year is a good way to help prevent this build-up and prevent this potential hazard.

As always, feel free to share this information with your family and friends, and follow my blog to keep up with all my posts.  Friend me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter to keep up with everything I ever post!

No comments:

Post a Comment