Friday, January 18, 2013

Setting goals for the new year

I have already posted a couple articles since the new year with stats and reasons why 2013 is going to be a better year for real estate.  One thing that I've failed to mention is why I think 2013 is going to be a better year for me!  This year marks the first full calendar year that I will have as a sales associate, and I'm looking forward to challenging myself to do better than I have in the past, both professionally and personally.

I am lucky to be on a team with 2 other agents who are super supportive, and introduced me to a great coaching program that has helped me set goals for myself in the upcoming year.  One thing that I've noticed, however, is that I'm being taught any new tips or tricks to help me succeed.  The key principles of being successful are what my coach has stressed to me, and the number one thing that every lesson hinges on is setting goals.

Setting goals is the number one thin that anyone can do to increase productivity at work, improve their finances, and make better, lasting relationships.  I've mentioned in the past how Dave Ramsey has influenced the way I handle my finances, but he also has a wonderful article on setting goals entitled Goal Setting's Big Payoff.

Check out his article and let me know your thoughts and goals for the upcoming year in the comments below.  Share this information with your friends and family, and follow my blog to keep up with all of my posts.  Friend me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter to keep up with everything I ever post!

No comments:

Post a Comment