Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Quick tips to reduce energy costs

As I've stated in the past, like most people I am a huge fan of saving money.  There are only 2 ways to increase the amount of money that you have lying around to do the things you want to do: cut costs or increase income.  Since increasing your income is not necessarily the easiest thing to do, the better option is cutting costs.  Like most people, I have several bills that are fixed costs that are going to remain the same from month to month, and there is nothing that I can do about that.  On the other hand, our utilities are variable costs that we have greater control over every month.

Cutting back on my energy bills every month is one way that I've tried to reduce my costs to help save money.  There are tons of gimmicks out there that boast improved energy efficiency through purchasing different "green" devices, but there are actually some ways you can improve efficiency without spending extra money.  Lifehacker.com posted a great article with several changes you can make around your home offering ideas on How to Reduce Your Energy Bill with No Cost or Sacrifice by Adam Dachis.  This list offers several ideas that I've never heard of, including asking your utility companies if they offer discounts for non-peak usage of electricity or gas and switching to these times when doing laundry or running the dishwasher!

Check out this article and let me know which idea you think is best in the comments below.  As always, feel free to share this information with your friends and family and follow my blog to keep up with all my posts.  Friend me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter to keep up with everything I ever post!

No comments:

Post a Comment