Friday, July 20, 2012

Dark Knight Rises

I have long been a die-hard movie fan, an anyone who knows me would attest to that.  Nothing beats the thrill of going to see a newly released movie for the first time in theaters, and if the movie is highly anticipated, I'll even spring for the midnight release.  Such was the case for The Dark Knight Rises! 

Christopher Nolan has done it again, concluding his epic tale of the dark knight with, in my opinion, the best of the three installments.  Everything about this film, from the storytelling to the cinematography was executed flawlessly.  After Heath Ledger's performance as the joker in The Dark Knight, my expectation for the next villain were exceedingly high, and Tom Hardy's portrayal of Bane did not disappoint.  His ruthless, brute strength, coupled with the devotion of his followers made him the deadliest villain ever seen in a Batman movie.  At one point, I turned to a friend of mine and commented that he was the perfect villain.

When you see the film, let me know your thoughts in the comments down below, or if you're not planning to see this I'd love to hear why!  If you find this review helpful, feel free to share with your family and friends and follow my blog to keep up with all of my posts.  Friend me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter to keep up with everything I ever post!

Edit: After waking this morning I was made aware of the horrific events of the Aurora, Colorado midnight release shootings.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all those involved, and my deepest condolences to the friends and families of those who's lives were taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment