Friday, January 25, 2013

Going off the grid!

When I was in class to get my real estate license, the first thing that was taught was that the most important things were location, location, and location.  In my experience, this has certainly held true!  Many times, I have found homes that would be perfect for my Buyers in every way possible...if it were in a different location!  Some of the most beautiful landscapes in the world would make a wonderful place to call home, but our dependence on infrastructure for power and water is generally a major drawback.

Rising prices of oil, and other fossil fuels, are the direct result of too much consumption of a limited resource. Scientists have been working on other means for electricity production that are both efficient and safe, but most of us live in homes dependent on these resources.  Gizmodo.com posted a great gallery of  21 Amazing Off-the-Grid Houses that  harness the power of nature to generate power.  Utilizing the power of nature would allow people to live in places that would otherwise be impossible to live without the immense costs of installing the proper infrastructure.

Let me know which house design you like best, or where you would want to live if your home was completely self sufficient in the comments below.  As always, feel free to share this information with your family and friends, and follow my blog to keep up with all my posts.  Friend me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter to keep up with everything I ever post!

No comments:

Post a Comment